"I used three different recipes to come up with this simple spread that my family loves," writes Joann Hensley of McGaheysville, Virginia. "With its mild taste, it's a popular party appetizer when accompanied by assorted crackers, toast points or raw vegetables."
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) chunk white chicken, drained
- Paprika, optional
- Assorted crackers
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Fold in chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Serve with crackers. Yield: about 3 cups.
Originally published as Creamy Chicken Spread in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p20
Reviews for Spicy Chicken Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 5, 2011
"I have been making this recipe ever since I read it quick cooking magazine almost 10 yrs ago. I make it for almost every family get together and anytime I need a quick appetizer. I usually double the recipe."