Spicy Chicken Spread Recipe
"I used three different recipes to come up with this simple spread that my family loves," writes Joann Hensley of McGaheysville, Virginia. "With its mild taste, it's a popular party appetizer when accompanied by assorted crackers, toast points or raw vegetables."
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon onion salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) chunk white chicken, drained
- Paprika, optional
- Assorted crackers
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Fold in chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Serve with crackers. Yield: about 3 cups.
Originally published as Creamy Chicken Spread in Quick Cooking January/February 2002, p20
Reviews for Spicy Chicken Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 5, 2011
"I have been making this recipe ever since I read it quick cooking magazine almost 10 yrs ago. I make it for almost every family get together and anytime I need a quick appetizer. I usually double the recipe."