Whenever our daughters come home from college, this is the dish they always request. My husband enjoys it so much I usually prepare it a couple time a month.
Recommended: 84 Lemon Recipes from Tart to Sweet
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, julienned
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, julienned
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, saute chicken in 1 tablespoon oil for 5-7 minutes or until juices run clear. Remove chicken and set aside. Saute celery, carrot and green pepper in remaining oil for 5-7 minutes or until tender. Return chicken to pan. Combine broth, soy sauce, salt if desired, cornstarch, red pepper flakes and hot pepper sauce; add to skillet. Bring to a boil; cook for 1 minute to thicken. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Chicken Saute in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p52
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Spicy Chicken Saute
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review