- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 2 cups shredded yellow summer squash
- 2 medium Asian or Bosc pears, chopped
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups frozen pepper strips, thawed
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked Johnsonville® Chicken Sausage Cajun Style, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 cup Asian toasted sesame salad dressing
- 12 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, squash and pears. Whisk together the oil, vinegar, ginger, crystallized ginger and salt; drizzle over slaw mixture. Toss to coat; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute peppers and onion until crisp-tender. Add sausage; cook 4-5 minutes longer. Stir in salad dressing; heat through.
- Spoon sausage mixture onto lettuce leaves. Top with slaw mixture; sprinkle with cilantro. Fold lettuce over filling. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Chicken Sausage Lettuce Wraps in Everyday Chicken Honda 2014
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Chicken Sausage Lettuce Wraps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review