Spicy Chicken Salad with Mango Salsa Recipe
- 2 cups chopped peeled mangoes
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) ready-to-serve European blend salad greens
- 1/3 cup oil and vinegar salad dressing
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- Tortilla chips
- 1. For salsa, in a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; chill until serving. In a large skillet, saute the chicken, cumin, onion powder, chili powder, cayenne and salt in oil until heated through. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Toss greens with dressing; divide among seven serving plates. Top with chicken mixture, mango salsa and cheese. Serve immediately with tortilla chips. Yield: 7 servings.
1 each: 0 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 0mg sodium, 0g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 0g protein
Reviews for Spicy Chicken Salad with Mango Salsa
"One of the best Salads I've had in a long time. Easy to make too"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.