Spicy Chicken Salad with Mango Salsa Recipe
When I need a different weeknight meal, I pull out this salad recipe. To make it in record time, I use fully cooked chicken strips, jarred mango, bottled vinaigrette and packaged, shredded cheese.
- 2 cups chopped peeled mangoes
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) ready-to-serve European blend salad greens
- 1/3 cup oil and vinegar salad dressing
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- Tortilla chips
- 1. For salsa, in a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; chill until serving. In a large skillet, saute the chicken, cumin, onion powder, chili powder, cayenne and salt in oil until heated through. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Toss greens with dressing; divide among seven serving plates. Top with chicken mixture, mango salsa and cheese. Serve immediately with tortilla chips. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Spicy Chicken Salad with Mango Salsa
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2012
"One of the best Salads I've had in a long time. Easy to make too"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC