When I need a different weeknight meal, I pull out this salad recipe. To make it in record time, I use fully cooked chicken strips, jarred mango, bottled vinaigrette and packaged, shredded cheese.
- 2 cups chopped peeled mangoes
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) ready-to-serve European blend salad greens
- 1/3 cup oil and vinegar salad dressing
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded pepper Jack cheese
- Tortilla chips
- For salsa, in a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; chill until serving. In a large skillet, saute the chicken, cumin, onion powder, chili powder, cayenne and salt in oil until heated through. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Toss greens with dressing; divide among seven serving plates. Top with chicken mixture, mango salsa and cheese. Serve immediately with tortilla chips. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Chicken Salad with Mango Salsa in Country Woman October/November 2007, p21
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Chicken Salad with Mango Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 5, 2012
"One of the best Salads I've had in a long time. Easy to make too"