Spicy Chicken Linguine Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies
- 1. In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, garlic powder and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add cheeses. Cook and stir for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 2. Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions. Add chicken and chilies to cheese sauce; cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Drain linguine; top with chicken mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 675 calories, 34 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 148 mg cholesterol, 604 mg sodium, 52 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 40 g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Chicken Linguine
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.