Spicy Chicken Linguine
Our state is famous for its green chilies. Naturally, my husband and I included them in this linguine dish we invented. The sauce is also excellent with spaghetti or fettuccine noodles. All of our five children, ages 3 to 13, love it.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) PHILADELPHIA® Cream Cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, garlic powder
- and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add cheeses.
- Cook and stir for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions. Add chicken
- and chilies to cheese sauce; cook 5 minutes longer or until heated
- through. Drain linguine; top with chicken mixture. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 675 calories, 34 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 148 mg cholesterol, 604 mg sodium,