Spicy Chicken Linguine Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, garlic powder and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add cheeses. Cook and stir for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions. Add chicken and chilies to cheese sauce; cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Drain linguine; top with chicken mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now
Reviews for Spicy Chicken Linguine
Sort By :
Make this for the whole family and they loved it! Will be making it again. Thanks!!
I used garlic salt instead of powder, and didn't use chilies. This is amazing sauce!!!
This was so wonderfully easy and quick to prepare! I loved the spiciness of the green chilies (just right and not too spicy)! I will make this again and again! Thanks so much for posting!
A bit sticky and dull.