Spicy Chicken Linguine Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces uncooked linguine
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced green chilies
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, garlic powder and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat; add cheeses. Cook and stir for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions. Add chicken and chilies to cheese sauce; cook 5 minutes longer or until heated through. Drain linguine; top with chicken mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Spicy Chicken Linguine
Sort By :
"Make this for the whole family and they loved it! Will be making it again. Thanks!!"
"I used garlic salt instead of powder, and didn't use chilies. This is amazing sauce!!!"
"This was so wonderfully easy and quick to prepare! I loved the spiciness of the green chilies (just right and not too spicy)! I will make this again and again! Thanks so much for posting!"
"A bit sticky and dull."