This is one of my go-to meals when I want a fun dinner. I love the spicy Asian flavors against the cool lettuce and the added crunch of peanuts and water chestnuts. —Brittany Allyn, Nashville, Tennessee
- 1 pound chicken tenderloins, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 small green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained and finely chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup stir-fry sauce
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 8 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- Sprinkle chicken with pepper. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and set aside.
- Stir-fry onion and peppers in remaining oil for 5 minutes. Add the water chestnuts, mushrooms and garlic; stir-fry 2-3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add stir-fry sauce and soy sauce. Stir in chicken; heat through.
- Place 1/2 cup chicken mixture on each lettuce leaf; sprinkle each with 1-1/2 teaspoons peanuts and 1/4 teaspoon cilantro. Fold lettuce over filling. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Chicken Lettuce Wraps in Taste of Home June/July 2010, p57
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Spicy Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review