Cooked chicken strips and canned enchilada sauce hurry along this zesty entree from Amy Dando. "I came up with it shortly after I got married," notes the Endicott, New York reader. "It's a delicious dinner for two that's easy to double for company."
- 1 package (6 ounces) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (10 ounces) enchilada sauce, divided
- 1 cup refried beans
- 4 flour tortillas (7 inches), warmed
- 1 can (2-1/2 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- Chopped tomato and shredded lettuce, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken, 1 cup cheese and 1/2 cup enchilada sauce. Spread 1/4 cup refried beans down the center of each tortilla. Top with chicken mixture; roll up.
- Place in two ungreased small baking dishes. Top with the remaining enchilada sauce and cheese; sprinkle with olives.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Garnish with tomato and lettuce if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Chicken Enchiladas in Quick Cooking January/February 2005, p23
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Spicy Chicken Enchiladas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review