Spicy Chicken Corn Skillet
We think this supper tastes even better the next day, so any leftovers quickly disappear around here. You can adjust the cayenne pepper to suit your taste.Kelly Patterson, Lafayette, Louisiana
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup cooked rice
- In a large skillet, stir-fry chicken in oil until no longer pink;
- remove and set aside. In the same skillet, saute onion and green
- pepper in butter until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, corn and
- seasonings. Bring to a boil. Stir in chicken and rice. Reduce heat;
- cover and cook until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 319 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 70 mg cholesterol, 567 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 27 g protein.