- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup cooked rice
- In a large skillet, stir-fry chicken in oil until no longer pink; remove and set aside. In the same skillet, saute onion and green pepper in butter until tender. Stir in the tomatoes, corn and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Stir in chicken and rice. Reduce heat; cover and cook until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Spicy Chicken Corn Skillet
Sort By :
Very good. Have found that we use extra rice to soak up the sauce a little more, but this dish is great reheated for lunch the next day! We always increase the Cayenne for spicier food.