Spicy Chicken Bundles Recipe
“A friend introduced me to these popovers, and I enhanced the recipe a bit by adding jalapeno peppers," explains Vicki Bluemner in Collinsville, Illinois. "My family has enjoyed these for almost 18 years. Hope yours does, too.”
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapeno slices, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 teaspoons seasoned bread crumbs
- MUSHROOM SAUCE:
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, milk, jalapenos and pepper until blended. Stir in chicken and onion.
- 2. Separate crescent dough into eight rectangles; seal perforations. Spoon 1/4 cup chicken mixture onto the center of each rectangle; bring corners up to the center and pinch edges to seal.
- 3. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with butter; sprinkle with bread crumbs. Bake at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
In a small saucepan, combine soup and milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until heated through. Serve with bundles.
Freeze option: Freeze baked cooled bundles in a resealable plastic freezer bag. To use, reheat on an ungreased baking sheet in a preheated 350° until heated through. Meanwhile, prepare mushroom sauce as directed. Yield: 8 servings.
1 bundle with 3 tablespoons gravy equals 391 calories, 22 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 841 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC