This summery chicken recipe is simply packed with the good-for-your-eyes vitamins found in both peaches and peppers. —Roxanne Chan, Albany, California
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 medium peaches, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- Combine the salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg; rub over chicken. In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients; set aside. In another bowl, combine the peaches, peppers, onion, mint and 2 tablespoons glaze; set aside.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting frequently with reserved glaze. Serve with reserved relish. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Chicken Breasts with Pepper Peach Relish in Healthy Cooking August/September 2009, p37
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Chicken Breasts with Pepper Peach Relish
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review