- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 medium peaches, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- Combine the salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg; rub over chicken. In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients; set aside. In another bowl, combine the peaches, peppers, onion, mint and 2 tablespoons glaze; set aside.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting frequently with reserved glaze. Serve with reserved relish. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Chicken Breasts with Pepper Peach Relish
Sort By :
"I was excited to try this recipe after reading all the great reviews. I made it exactly as the recipe stated, and I didn't care for it at all. I don't think the flavors blended well. My husband said it tasted like a Christmas cookie. I will not be making this again."
"Very good, my family loves this!"
"I loved this recipe!"
"I used my homemade brandied peach conserve instead of the peach preserves. It has slivered almonds and raisons. I skipped the mint in the relish and it was still very good."
"This was so good, even broiled indoors. I tripled the glaze and could have halved the salsa (relish). Very fresh, very healthy!"