- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 medium peaches, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- Combine the salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg; rub over chicken. In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients; set aside. In another bowl, combine the peaches, peppers, onion, mint and 2 tablespoons glaze; set aside.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting frequently with reserved glaze. Serve with reserved relish. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Spicy Chicken Breasts with Pepper Peach Relish
Sort By :
I was excited to try this recipe after reading all the great reviews. I made it exactly as the recipe stated, and I didn't care for it at all. I don't think the flavors blended well. My husband said it tasted like a Christmas cookie. I will not be making this again.
Very good, my family loves this!
I loved this recipe!
I used my homemade brandied peach conserve instead of the peach preserves. It has slivered almonds and raisons. I skipped the mint in the relish and it was still very good.
This was so good, even broiled indoors. I tripled the glaze and could have halved the salsa (relish). Very fresh, very healthy!