- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 medium peaches, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- Combine the salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg; rub over chicken. In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients; set aside. In another bowl, combine the peaches, peppers, onion, mint and 2 tablespoons glaze; set aside.
- Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting frequently with reserved glaze. Serve with reserved relish. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Chicken Breasts with Pepper Peach Relish
"Loved it. We used a little more chicken than it called for, so maybe the flavors were more diluted. But it turned out wonderfully. We served it on a bed of brown rice with the peach salsa on top."
"The flavors did not blend well together at all. I think there was too much nutmeg/cinnamon mix. The relish could have used fresh jalapeno or something. Will not be making again."
"I was excited to try this recipe after reading all the great reviews. I made it exactly as the recipe stated, and I didn't care for it at all. I don't think the flavors blended well. My husband said it tasted like a Christmas cookie. I will not be making this again."
"Very good, my family loves this!"
"I loved this recipe!"