Spicy Chicken Breasts with Pepper Peach Relish Recipe
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 medium peaches, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/3 cup finely chopped green pepper
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1. Combine the salt, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg; rub over chicken. In a small bowl, combine the glaze ingredients; set aside. In another bowl, combine the peaches, peppers, onion, mint and 2 tablespoons glaze; set aside.
- 2. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 6-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting frequently with reserved glaze. Serve with reserved relish. Yield: 4 servings.
1 chicken breast half with 1/2 cup relish equals 263 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 379 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 35 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Reviews for Spicy Chicken Breasts with Pepper Peach Relish
"Loved it. We used a little more chicken than it called for, so maybe the flavors were more diluted. But it turned out wonderfully. We served it on a bed of brown rice with the peach salsa on top."
"The flavors did not blend well together at all. I think there was too much nutmeg/cinnamon mix. The relish could have used fresh jalapeno or something. Will not be making again."
"I was excited to try this recipe after reading all the great reviews. I made it exactly as the recipe stated, and I didn't care for it at all. I don't think the flavors blended well. My husband said it tasted like a Christmas cookie. I will not be making this again."
"Very good, my family loves this!"
"I loved this recipe!"
"I used my homemade brandied peach conserve instead of the peach preserves. It has slivered almonds and raisons. I skipped the mint in the relish and it was still very good."
"This was so good, even broiled indoors. I tripled the glaze and could have halved the salsa (relish). Very fresh, very healthy!"
"Nice blend of different flavors. Needs a little more of the glaze. Very good!"
"Nice blend of different flavors. Needs a little more of the basting sauce."
"WOW!!! This was fantastic! I served it with grilled asparagus and it was a fantastic meal!"
"I broiled the chicken, due to a lack of friendly BBQ weather, but it was just as delicious."
"This was surprisingly delicious! So happy I made this. Very healthy, very good."
"So good and absolutely perfect for summer. The only thing I would change next time is making more of the glaze. It was so good but I didn't have enough to really baste the chicken throughout grilling process."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.