This flavorful pizza from Michelle Martin of Waterville, Ohio uses marinated chicken and a surprise ingredient, almonds, to pack a tasty punch.
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 cup chopped green onions, divided
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin pizza crust
- 1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- In a small bowl, combine the vinegar, soy sauce, 1/2 cup onions, garlic, 1 teaspoon oil, pepper and cayenne. Pour 1/2 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, cook chicken in remaining oil until no longer pink. Combine cornstarch and reserved marinade until blended; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat.
- Place the crust on an ungreased baking sheet; top with chicken mixture. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake at 400° for 12 minutes. Top with almonds and remaining onions. Bake 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is golden brown. Yield: 12 slices.
Originally published as Spicy Chicken Appetizer Pizza in Light & Tasty
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Spicy Chicken Appetizer Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review