Spicy Chicken and Rice Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with mild green chilies, undrained
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle pepper
- 6 cups cooked brown rice
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1. Place chicken in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, green peppers, onion, garlic, paprika, salt, cumin and chipotle pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until chicken is tender.
- 2. Remove chicken; cool slightly. Shred with two forks and return to the slow cooker. Stir in rice and beans; heat through. Garnish with cheese and sour cream. Yield: 8 servings.
1-1/3 cups chicken mixture with 1 tablespoon cheese and 1 tablespoon sour cream equals 389 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 59 mg cholesterol, 817 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Chicken and Rice
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.