Spicy Chicken and Peppers Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1-1/2 cups julienned green peppers
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups cooked yolk-free noodles
- Fresh parsley
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook the chicken, green peppers, onion and garlic in oil until chicken juices run clear. Stir in the tomato sauce, tomatoes and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until thickened. Serve over noodles. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cup: 548 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 1069mg sodium, 85g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 9g fiber), 42g protein
Reviews for Spicy Chicken and Peppers
"Made it without the green pepper only because I didnt have any. My husband and I loved it! Can't wait to make it again with green pepper."
"My family really enjoys this! I've made it several times."
"This has become a favorite at our house. You can add all the peppers you want without adding to the fat content and we love the peppers. I often use multicolored peppers and servre if over rice."
"Try this over rice or a pasta. Sugar really isn't always necessary"
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.