Spicy Chicken and Peppers Recipe
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1-1/2 cups julienned green peppers
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups cooked yolk-free noodles
- Fresh parsley
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook the chicken, green peppers, onion and garlic in oil until chicken juices run clear. Stir in the tomato sauce, tomatoes and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until thickened. Serve over noodles. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spicy Chicken and Peppers
Sort By :
Made it without the green pepper only because I didnt have any. My husband and I loved it! Can't wait to make it again with green pepper.
My family really enjoys this! I've made it several times.
This has become a favorite at our house. You can add all the peppers you want without adding to the fat content and we love the peppers. I often use multicolored peppers and servre if over rice.
Try this over rice or a pasta. Sugar really isn't always necessary