- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cups chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 16 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, saute the onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in the broth, tomato sauce, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, cayenne and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine the salt, garlic powder, pepper, basil and cumin; mix well. Add chicken and toss to coat. In a skillet, saute chicken in remaining butter until juices run clear. Add chicken to tomato sauce; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Top with chicken mixture. Garnish with sour cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Spicy Chicken
Sort By :
"If you like spicy, this is fantastic! I've made this many times and LOVE it."
"I made this to share with another family. My husband loved it!"
"My daughter and I love the flavor and this is a great dish to make when you're hankering for something with a bite!"
"We love spicy food and this recipe hits the spot! I always order spicy pasta when we go out but this dish is as good as any I have ordered at a restaurant. Have added smoked sausage as well as the chicken and made it more of a New Orleans pasta. Easy to make"
"very good. left out the table spoon of salt.doubled the garlic. next time will dbl the hot pepper flakes."