- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 2 cups chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 16 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, saute the onion and garlic in 2 tablespoons butter until tender. Stir in the broth, tomato sauce, green onions, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, cayenne and hot pepper sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine the salt, garlic powder, pepper, basil and cumin; mix well. Add chicken and toss to coat. In a skillet, saute chicken in remaining butter until juices run clear. Add chicken to tomato sauce; simmer for 10 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Top with chicken mixture. Garnish with sour cream. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Chicken in Taste of Home August/September 2001, p41
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Spicy Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2011
"If you like spicy, this is fantastic! I've made this many times and LOVE it."