Spicy Cheeseburgers Recipe
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 9 slices pepper Jack cheese
- 9 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into nine patties.
- 2. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Top with cheese. Grill 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 557 calories, 31 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 145 mg cholesterol, 707 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 43 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.