We think this is the best burger recipe in the world! The burgers are both flavorful and filling. For extra kick, we added cayenne pepper to the ground beef, then topped the patties with pepper jack cheese.—Jonna Tuchscherer, Bellevue, Washington
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons Liquid Smoke, optional
- 1 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 9 slices pepper Jack cheese
- 9 hamburger buns, split
- Lettuce leaves and tomato slices, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into nine patties.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Top with cheese. Grill 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Serve on buns with lettuce and tomato if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Cheeseburgers in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p49
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spicy Cheeseburgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review