Spicy Cheeseburger Soup Recipe
This creamy soup brings my family to the table in a hurry. I love the warming zip of cayenne, but it also tastes terrific without it if you like milder flavor. With a few simple side dishes, this soup is a full meal.
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
- 2 small carrots, grated
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ground beef, cooked and drained
- 2-1/2 cups milk, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces process American cheese, cubed
- 1/4 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- 2. Stir in beef and 2 cups of milk; heat through. Combine flour and remaining milk until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat; stir in cheese until melted. Add cayenne
- 3. pepper if desired. Top with bacon just before serving. Yield: 6-8 servings (about 2 quarts).
1 serving (1 cup) equals 795 calories, 74 g fat (44 g saturated fat), 207 mg cholesterol, 1,552 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC