Spicy Cheese Crackers Recipe
Making cheese crackers usually means it’s party time at our families’ houses. My brothers frequently try to sneak them behind our mom’s back just to get a reaction out of her. —Donna Lindecamp, Morganton, North Carolina
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:32 servings
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- 1. Place the cheese, flour, salt and pepper flakes in a food processor; process until blended. Add butter; pulse until butter is the size of peas. While pulsing, add just enough cream to form moist crumbs.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. holiday-shaped cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Reroll scraps and repeat.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 13-17 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 32 crackers.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC