Spicy Cheese Crackers
Making cheese crackers usually means it’s party time at our families’ houses. My brothers frequently try to sneak them behind our mom’s back just to get a reaction out of her. —Donna Lindecamp, Morganton, North Carolina
32 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- Place the cheese, flour, salt and pepper flakes in a food processor;
- process until blended. Add butter; pulse until butter is the size of
- peas. While pulsing, add just enough cream to form moist crumbs.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut
- with a floured 3-in. holiday-shaped cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart
- on greased baking sheets. Reroll scraps and repeat.
- Bake at 350° for 13-17 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from
- pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight
- container. Yield: 32 crackers.