Spicy Cheese Crackers Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 to 2 tablespoons half-and-half cream
- Place the cheese, flour, salt and pepper flakes in a food processor; process until blended. Add butter; pulse until butter is the size of peas. While pulsing, add just enough cream to form moist crumbs.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. holiday-shaped cookie cutter. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Reroll scraps and repeat.
- Bake at 350° for 13-17 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 32 crackers.
Reviews for Spicy Cheese Crackers(2)
Sort By :
I'd prepared these cheese crackers for a holiday program this past December. I DID modify the recipe & as I recall, I used 1 cup Cheddar Cheese and 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. I used 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper and 4 to 5 Tbsp. half and half cream. I used a pastry blender instead of my food processor. I''d rolled the dough into balls, them flattened them slightly, using one of those cookie design discs with a knob on top to press into the dough. That worked for me. They went with another appetizer I'd prepared for the holiday program! thank you, Donna Lindecamp, for sharing this recipe! Dawn
great, easy to make and taste is wonderful. liked them so much that I made another recipe 2 hours after the first one.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Gift Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >