Spicy Catfish with Tomatoes Recipe
- 1 catfish fillet (about 1/2 pound)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash to 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup canned Mexican diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 to 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Hot cooked white or brown rice, optional
- Sprinkle fish with salt, pepper and cayenne. In a nonstick skillet, cook fish over medium for about 3 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Top with tomatoes and sprinkle with green onions. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for about 2 minutes.
- Cover skillet and simmer 2-3 minutes longer or until liquid is reduced and fish flakes easily with a fork. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Catfish with Tomatoes(1)
Sort By :
This dish is super easy and delicious. We served this white rice and veggie salad. If you like a spicy dish , then this is worth a try. A definite repeat for my family.