Spicy Carrots Recipe
While the entree cooks, fix a speedy stovetop side dish of Spicy Carrots. "After my sister brought the carrots to a family gathering, my husband begged me to asked for the recipe," recalls Dawn Flanigan of Westville, Ohio. Folks who like horseradish will enjoy the tangy-sweet combination. "It tastes too good to be so quick and easy," Dawn Assures. "I use baby carrots to save time, but regular carrots can be sliced into sticks instead," she adds.
- 3-1/2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Place carrots in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and keep warm.
- 2. In the same pan, melt butter; stir in the sugar, horseradish and parsley. Add the carrots, salt and pepper; stir gently to coat. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving (2/3 cup) equals 96 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC