While the entree cooks, fix a speedy stovetop side dish of Spicy Carrots. "After my sister brought the carrots to a family gathering, my husband begged me to asked for the recipe," recalls Dawn Flanigan of Westville, Ohio.
Folks who like horseradish will enjoy the tangy-sweet combination. "It tastes too good to be so quick and easy," Dawn Assures. "I use baby carrots to save time, but regular
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 3-1/2 cups fresh baby carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place carrots in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and keep warm.
- In the same pan, melt butter; stir in the sugar, horseradish and
- parsley. Add the carrots, salt and pepper; stir gently to coat.
- Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2/3 cup) equals 96 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 134 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein.