Spicy Carrot Coins Recipe
Cumin, coriander and ginger lend unusual zip and flavor to this colorful, healthy side dish shared by Nancy Zimmerman in Cape May Court House, New Jersey.
- 2 pounds carrots, sliced
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1. In a large nonstick saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 2. Discard cinnamon stick. Add honey and lemon juice to carrots. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until carrots are tender and liquid has evaporated. Yield: 6 servings.
2/3 cup: 112 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 153mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 5g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 starch.
Reviews for Spicy Carrot Coins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC