Spicy Carrot Coins Recipe
Cumin, coriander and ginger lend unusual zip and flavor to this colorful, healthy side dish shared by Nancy Zimmerman in Cape May Court House, New Jersey.
- 2 pounds carrots, sliced
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 1 cinnamon stick (3 inches)
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a large nonstick saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Discard cinnamon stick. Add honey and lemon juice to carrots. Bring to a boil; cook, uncovered, for 5-8 minutes or until carrots are tender and liquid has evaporated. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Carrot Coins in Light & Tasty February/March 2007, p21
Reviews for Spicy Carrot Coins(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Carrot Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Vegetable Side Dishes >