Spicy Cajun Stew
Packed with flavor, this dish is surprisingly quick and easy since it has just five ingredients. —Elizabeth Freise, Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania
More Cajun Chili Recipes»
5 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (16 ounces) smoked Polish sausage or Johnsonville® Polish Kielbasa Sausage, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup uncooked instant rice
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until lightly
- browned; drain. Add tomatoes and broth. Bring to a boil. Stir in
- spinach. Return to a boil; cook for 2 minutes. Stir in the rice.
- Cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 5 minutes. Stir with a
- fork. Yield: 5 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 356 calories, 25 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 1,604 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.