Spicy Cajun Shrimp
This dish is great for a meal or as an appetizer. It's so quick and easy.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a bowl, combine the seasonings. In another bowl, combine oil and
- 1-1/2 teaspoons of seasoning mixture (save remaining mixture for
- another use). Add shrimp; toss until well coated. Thread shrimp onto
- two metal or soaked wooded skewers. Broil shrimp 4-6 in. from the
- heat for 2 minutes. Turn shrimp; baste with remaining oil mixture.
- Broil 1-2 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Yield: 2
- servings (about 1/4 cup seasoning mix).
Editor's Note:Store remaining Cajun seasoning mix in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 6 months.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/4 pound) equals 231 calories, 15 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 168 mg cholesterol, 5,506 mg sodium,