- 4-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- In a bowl, combine the seasonings. In another bowl, combine oil and 1-1/2 teaspoons of seasoning mixture (save remaining mixture for another use). Add shrimp; toss until well coated. Thread shrimp onto two metal or soaked wooded skewers. Broil shrimp 4-6 in. from the heat for 2 minutes. Turn shrimp; baste with remaining oil mixture. Broil 1-2 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Yield: 2 servings (about 1/4 cup seasoning mix).
Originally published as Spicy Cajun Shrimp in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p220
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Spicy Cajun Shrimp(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review