Spicy Cajun Salsa Burgers
Use a few on-hand seasonings like Creole, red pepper flakes and garlic powder to create these flavorful and juicy burgers. — David Dalton, Orleans, Indiana
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 teaspoon Creole seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 4 kaiser rolls, split and toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add beef; mix
- lightly but thoroughly. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 4-5
- minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve on
- rolls. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 burger equals 418 calories, 18 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 672 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011
, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now