This is a deliciously different main course to serve for a large crowd and so easy to prepare. Best of all, you can put it in the oven and forget about it!
- 1 small head cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients well. Pour into a small covered roasting pan. Bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours without lifting the lid. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Cabbage Casserole in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p58
Reviews for Spicy Cabbage Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review