- 1 small head cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Dash cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients well. Pour into a small covered roasting pan. Bake at 350° for 1-1/2 hours without lifting the lid. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Spicy Cabbage Casserole
Sort By :
"This recipe looked so good with all the flavorful ingredients, but it was disappointing. We ate some out of it and threw the rest away. I didn't cook the ground beef and it looked unappetizing. Maybe it should be cooked."
"I have prepared this recipe a few times and it gets great reviews. Mine always seems to take longer than 1-1/2 hours, but the wait is worth it.satrainque"
"Am I correct in assuming that you do NOT cook the ground beef first? It seems odd but if I can skip a step, I'm all for it. Can't wait to try this."