- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup butterscotch chips, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set aside. In a heavy saucepan over low heat, melt butter and 2/3 cup butterscotch chips. Remove from the heat. Stir in the dry ingredients and egg until well blended.
- Spread into an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with peanuts and remaining chips. Bake at 300° for 25-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Immediately cut into bars and remove from pan. Cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Originally published as Spicy Butter Thins in Best of Country Cookies 1999, p80
Reviews for Spicy Butter Thins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review