Spicy Brussels Sprouts and Carrots Recipe
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen brussels sprouts, thawed and halved
- 3/4 cup sliced carrot
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the first three ingredients. Bring to a boil. Cover and cook for 6-7 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain, reserving 1 tablespoon cooking liquid.
- 2. In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, horseradish, onion, salt, pepper and reserved cooking liquid; mix well. Add the sprouts and carrot; toss to coat.
- 3. Transfer to a greased 2-cup baking dish. Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle on top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 11-13 minutes or until lightly browned. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 2 servings.
3/4 cup: 100 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 486mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Spicy Brussels Sprouts and Carrots
"Excellent recipe. The horseradish wasn't overpowering so even those who don't like horseradish really enjoyed them."
"I don't like brussel sprouts but I loved this recipe. I just didn't make it with carrots."