Spicy Breakfast Lasagna Recipe
- 3 cups (24 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 18 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 8 ounces sliced Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers
- 8 ounces sliced Muenster cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, chives and onions; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat butter until hot. Add egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Remove from heat; set aside.
- 2. In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, place four lasagna noodles. Top with 2 cups hash browns, scrambled eggs, sausage and half of cottage cheese mixture. Cover with Monterey Jack cheese. Repeat layers with the remaining lasagna noodles, hash browns and cottage cheese mixture. Top with Muenster cheese.
- 3. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12-16 servings.
1 piece: 363 calories, 22g fat (11g saturated fat), 288mg cholesterol, 531mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Breakfast Lasagna
"This was a great recipe to prepare the night before, refrigerate and cook the next morning. A little bit of time involved in prep but the end result was delicious. Thawed and drained chopped spinach and browned the hash browns (set aside to cool) before adding them to the dish. My 5 year old and 16 year old picky eater have asked me to make this again."
"I've made this a number of times and it always goes over well. Just a couple tips. Use a deep 9x13 such as pampered chef's, and cook it for 1 hr. and 15 min."