It's fun to cook up something new for family and friends—especially when it gets rave reviews. When I brought this dish to our breakfast club at work, people said it really woke up their taste buds!
- 3 cups (24 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup minced chives
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 18 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash browns
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 8 ounces sliced Monterey Jack cheese with jalapeno peppers
- 8 ounces sliced Muenster cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, chives and onions; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat butter until hot. Add egg mixture; cook and stir over medium heat until eggs are completely set. Remove from heat; set aside.
- In a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish, place four lasagna noodles. Top with 2 cups hash browns, scrambled eggs, sausage and half of cottage cheese mixture. Cover with Monterey Jack cheese. Repeat layers with the remaining lasagna noodles, hash browns and cottage cheese mixture. Top with Muenster cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Breakfast Lasagna in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p6
Reviews for Spicy Breakfast Lasagna
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review