Spicy Breaded Chicken
"This is one of our favorite ways to make chicken. The coating really stays on, and the pan is easy to clean afterward," writes Polly Coumos of Mogadore, Ohio. "Besides being low-sodium, the recipe contains no added fat. The seasoning can be adjusted according to your taste. We like to pack this chicken cooked and chilled for picnics."
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut into pieces and skinned
- In a plastic bag, mix bread crumbs, milk powder, chili powder, garlic
- powder and dry mustard; set aside. Place milk in a shallow pan. Dip
- chicken pieces into milk, then place in bag and shake to coat. Place
- chicken, bone side down, in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with
- vegetable cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 50 to 55
- minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 233 calories, 154 mg sodium, 93 mg cholesterol, 8 g carbohydrate, 31 g protein, 8 g fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley
, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now