Spicy Breaded Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut into pieces and skinned
- 1. In a plastic bag, mix bread crumbs, milk powder, chili powder, garlic powder and dry mustard; set aside. Place milk in a shallow pan. Dip chicken pieces into milk, then place in bag and shake to coat. Place chicken, bone side down, in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with vegetable cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 50 to 55 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
8 ounce-weight: 233 calories, 8g fat (0g saturated fat), 93mg cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 31g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 4 lean meat.
Reviews for Spicy Breaded Chicken
"I'm so glad I found this recipe It is truly delicious. It's hard to find a spicy dish that isn't loaded with salt and fat. I used skinless chicken breasts and baked them 45 min. I'll definitely be making this recipe again"
"I use this breading on baked pork chops. It's the only way my hubby will eat them"
"Can I use this recipe on the chicken pieces with skin?"
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.