"This is one of our favorite ways to make chicken. The coating really stays on, and the pan is easy to clean afterward," writes Polly Coumos of Mogadore, Ohio. "Besides being low-sodium, the recipe contains no added fat. The seasoning can be adjusted according to your taste. We like to pack this chicken cooked and chilled for picnics."
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 pounds), cut into pieces and skinned
- In a plastic bag, mix bread crumbs, milk powder, chili powder, garlic powder and dry mustard; set aside. Place milk in a shallow pan. Dip chicken pieces into milk, then place in bag and shake to coat. Place chicken, bone side down, in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with vegetable cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 50 to 55 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Breaded Chicken in Taste of Home June/July 1993, p18
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Spicy Breaded Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review