Spicy Breaded Chicken Wings Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 10 whole chicken wings
- DIPPING SAUCE:
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg and water. In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, onion powder, basil, cayenne, garlic salt and paprika.
- Cut chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tip sections. Dip chicken wings into egg mixture, then coat with crumb mixture. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 25-30 minutes or until juices run clear, turning every 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the sauce ingredients. Serve with chicken wings. Yield: 6 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Spicy Breaded Chicken Wings
Sort By :
I only made the sauce but it was fantastic! I added a little brown sugar besides the honey for a little more sweetness, but overall it was a hit.
Good Recipe !!
Needs more flavoring...
Very little flavor and no spice to them at all. I even upped the spice by adding chili powder on top of the cayenne. Not going to make them again.