Spicy Bratwurst Supper Recipe
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 5 fully cooked bratwurst links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno pepper
- 2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 2 ounces Gouda cheese, shredded
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is almost crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute the bratwurst, mushrooms and jalapeno for 3-4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Stir in spaghetti sauce and bacon mixture.
- 3. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 630 calories, 51g fat (20g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 1525mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein .
Reviews for Spicy Bratwurst Supper
"I really liked this "skillet supper". It is very filling and I will most definitely make again"
"This was tasty and easy to make. I actually combined the Bratwurst dish with the rice and then baked it for 5 minutes to get the cheese all bubbly. yum!"
"This looks delicious but I would prepare without the bacon."