Spicy Bratwurst Supper Recipe
- 6 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 5 fully cooked bratwurst links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno pepper
- 2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 2 ounces Gouda cheese, shredded
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is almost crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- 2. In the same skillet, saute the bratwurst, mushrooms and jalapeno for 3-4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Stir in spaghetti sauce and bacon mixture.
- 3. Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 630 calories, 51g fat (20g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 1525mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Reviews for Spicy Bratwurst Supper
"I really liked this "skillet supper". It is very filling and I will most definitely make again"
"This was tasty and easy to make. I actually combined the Bratwurst dish with the rice and then baked it for 5 minutes to get the cheese all bubbly. yum!"
"This looks delicious but I would prepare without the bacon."