Spicy Bratwurst Supper
With a zesty sauce and a shredded Gouda cheese that melts over the top, this saucy bratwurst dish, from our Test Kitchen, is a delicious combination that's swiftly prepared in a skillet. TIP: Out of Gouda? Try shredded provolone or mozzarella cheese instead.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 5 Johnsonville® Original Bratwurst, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno pepper
- 2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 2 ounces Gouda cheese, shredded
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon
- is almost crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- In the same skillet, saute the bratwurst, mushrooms and jalapeno for
- 3-4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Stir in spaghetti sauce
- and bacon mixture.
- Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with
- cheese. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 630 calories, 51 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 1,525 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a