With a zesty sauce and a shredded Gouda cheese that melts over the top, this saucy bratwurst dish, from our Test Kitchen, is a delicious combination that's swiftly prepared in a skillet. TIP: Out of Gouda? Try shredded provolone or mozzarella cheese instead.
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 5 fully cooked bratwurst links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno pepper
- 2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 2 ounces Gouda cheese, shredded
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is almost crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- In the same skillet, saute the bratwurst, mushrooms and jalapeno for 3-4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Stir in spaghetti sauce and bacon mixture.
- Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Bratwurst Supper in Quick Cooking September/October 2005, p60
Reviews for Spicy Bratwurst Supper
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review