Spicy Bratwurst Supper Recipe
- 6 bacon strips, diced
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 5 fully cooked bratwurst links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon diced jalapeno pepper
- 2 cups meatless spaghetti sauce
- 2 ounces Gouda cheese, shredded
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is almost crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- In the same skillet, saute the bratwurst, mushrooms and jalapeno for 3-4 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Stir in spaghetti sauce and bacon mixture.
- Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheese. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Spicy Bratwurst Supper(4)
Sort By :
I really liked this "skillet supper". It is very filling and I will most definitely make again
This was tasty and easy to make. I actually combined the Bratwurst dish with the rice and then baked it for 5 minutes to get the cheese all bubbly. yum!
This recipe was not good at all and I wish I would have just grilled my bratwurst like I usually do!
This looks delicious but I would prepare without the bacon.
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pork Casserole >