Spicy Beef with Peppers Recipe
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 4 tablespoons dry sherry or beef broth, divided
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce, divided
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 pound) , thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 sweet red pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- Cooked rice or chow mein noodles
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tablespoon cornstarch with 2 tablespoons sherry, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, garlic and pepper flakes. Add beef and toss to coat. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine water with remaining cornstarch, sherry and soy sauce. Set aside.
- In a wok or skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil on medium-high. Add green and red peppers; stir-fry 3 minutes. Remove peppers to a platter.
- Add remaining oil and half of the beef; stir-fry until no longer pink. Remove and stir-fry remaining beef.
- Return peppers and beef to pan. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Spicy Beef with Peppers
Sort By :
I make a pepper steak recipe very similar to this and if I don't have red pepper, I substitute tomatoes. A family favorite!
Me and my husband's absolute favorite!!
This has become a regular in my household.
I double the sauce proportions for 1 1/2 lbs of steak, and serve over brown rice instead of white.
Fabulous!!!! Everybody went back for seconds. Will have to double the recipe next time!