Spicy Beef Vegetable Stew Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (30 ounces) Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 12 servings.
One serving (prepared with reduced-sodium spaghetti sauce and reduced-sodium bouillon) equals 159 calories, 7 g fat (0 saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.