Spicy Beef Vegetable Stew Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless pasta sauce
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
1-1/2 cup equals 177 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 675 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 15 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 meat, 1 starch.
Reviews for Spicy Beef Vegetable Stew
"Easy and quick to make with good flavor. I've been making it since the recipe came out in 1999."