"This zesty ground beef and vegetable soup is flavorful and fast to fix," reports Lynnette Davis of Tullahoma, Tennessee. "It makes a complete meal when served with warm corn bread, sourdough bread or French bread."
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (30 ounces) meatless spaghetti sauce
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Spicy Beef Vegetable Stew in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p35
Reviews for Spicy Beef Vegetable Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review