"This zesty ground beef and vegetable soup is flavorful and fast to fix," reports Lynnette Davis of Tullahoma, Tennessee. "It makes a complete meal when served with warm corn bread, sourdough bread or French bread."
Featured In: 51 Cozy Slow Cooker Soups
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless pasta sauce
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
Originally published as Spicy Beef Vegetable Stew in Quick Cooking September/October 1999, p35
Reviews for Spicy Beef Vegetable Stew
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 25, 2011
"Easy and quick to make with good flavor. I've been making it since the recipe came out in 1999."