- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 jar (24 ounces) meatless pasta sauce
- 3-1/2 cups water
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until the vegetables are tender. Yield: 8 servings (3 quarts).
Reviews for Spicy Beef Vegetable Stew
"Amazing. I ended up modifying it a bit and I made it on the stove top. I added two shakes of red pepper flakes to give it a bit more of a kick. It was great the next day too."
"Easy and quick to make with good flavor. I've been making it since the recipe came out in 1999."